Master of Public Administration:
Our General Concentration allows you to select classes from across the University of New Haven’s graduate programs. Our MPA accommodates the needs of students new to the field as well as those already working in public service. In both cases, we seek students who are motivated to increase their knowledge and gain the skills necessary to take on challenging assignments in public service, particularly at the state and local level.
To complete this program, students must earn 33 credit hours. Eight core courses are required for all MPA students and provide the first 24 credit hours. Students then complete three additional concentration courses to earn the remaining 9 credit hours. Below is a sample of courses offered in this program. Note that courses may change occasionally and not all courses are offered each term. Contact us for a full list of current courses.
Required Courses (8 courses/24 credits)
- PADM 6601 – Principles of Public Administration
- PADM 6602 – Public Policy Formulation and Implementation
- PADM 6611 – Research Methods in Public Administration
- PADM 6620 – Personnel Administration and Collective Bargaining in the Public Sector
- PADM 6625 – Administrative Behavior
- PADM 6632 – Public Finance and Budgeting
- PADM 6635 – Political Economy
- PADM 6690 – Research Seminar