Leading the Way in Public Administration
The University of New Haven has a deep understanding of how to support and grow the future leaders of governments and non-profits. Our online Master of Public Administration can position you for success while allowing you to continue to work. The master’s degree also provides you with the flexibility to choose a concentration or customize one to your needs.
- 100% online. Classes are completely on your schedule.
- One course per term. Most courses are offered in the 6 to 7.5-week format, so you can take one course per mini-term for maximum work-life balance.
- On your schedule. The online courses are asynchronous, which means you can complete coursework when it’s convenient for you. You have deadlines, but not classtimes.
The University of New Haven has the only student chapter of ICMA in the state to which online students will have access. ICMA is also free and allows them to attend local ICMA meetings.
Our program is 36 credit hours. Many students are eligible for 3 credits of waivers toward completion as a result of work in public administration settings, but those who are not will complete a 3-credit focused practicum, PADM 6600.
Choose from concentrations in:
- Fire and Emergency Medical Services
- General Concentration
- Municipal Management
- Nonprofit Management
- Public Financial Management
- Public Safety
Or work with your academic advisor to create your own.