Apply to Online Graduate Programs
The process below is for anyone applying to an online graduate degree or graduate certificate. The Academic Admissions Committee will carefully review all submitted documents in evaluating your application.
Watch our 2 minute “How to Apply” video or scroll down to review the application process!
Prospective students must submit the following to apply
- A completed application form. Our graduate application is fully online. To begin, visit our application portal at graduate.newhaven.edu/apply/ to create your account and choose the degree to which you want to apply. Once you begin your application, you can return to our portal at any time to continue your application.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools you have attended. Electronic transcripts will be accepted directly from institutions that no longer mail transcripts. Final transcripts must indicate the degree earned. Please note: Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program who have not completed their bachelor’s degree can submit all transcripts to date for admissions consideration. If accepted, the applicant must provide a final, official transcript from the school issuing the degree. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution and sent to:
University of New Haven
Office of Graduate Admissions
Maxcy Hall, 129
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516
- A brief Statement of Purpose (no more than 500 words) describing your interest in the program and why you would make a good candidate. Highlight any accomplishments, and/or career goals that would be important for the admissions committee to consider when evaluating your application. You can upload your Statement of Purpose through our online application portal at graduate.newhaven.edu/apply/ after creating your account.
- A resume or CV detailing your educational and professional accomplishments. You can upload your resume through our online application portal at graduate.newhaven.edu/apply/ after creating your account.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources. The individuals providing your recommendations should be able to evaluate your academic qualifications and potential for success as a graduate student at the University of New Haven. You’ll provide contact information for both references through the online application portal at graduate.newhaven.edu/apply/ and our system will email those individuals instructions to provide the recommendation.
- Optionally: If you have taken the GRE or other graduate-level admissions exam, you may have the exam service forward your scores to the Graduate Admissions Office at the University of New Haven. We do not require scores from the GRE or other exams, but the admissions committee will consider such information in its decision if submitted. If your cumulative undergraduate GPA was below 3.0, we strongly encourage you to submit these optional materials.
All non-native English language speakers must demonstrate English language competency by providing one of the following:
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 OR
- A minimum TOEFL score of 80 on the internet-based test (IBT)
- The University of New Haven School Code for TOEFL is 3663.
Application Fee: $50.