Online Master's in
Take your next step, without even stepping outside
Our Emergency Management program was the second such program offered in New England and is designed to focus on disaster preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery. In addition, the program offers courses on the social effects of different disaster types, the role of the emergency manager in disasters, and disaster preparedness in the public and private sectors.
- Become a leader. Learn to manage disaster preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery with research-based principles.
- 100% online. Classes are completely on your schedule, and each takes just 6 to 7.5 weeks to complete.
- One course per term. Only one course is required per term for maximum work-life balance.
- The University of New Haven is a recognized leader in this field, and a master’s degree from the University of New Haven strengthens your resume. The University of New Haven’s program is also one of the few master’s degrees that fully aligns with FEMA guidelines.
- Design an Emergency Response Plan. You will create your own Emergency Response Plan, for organizations and government entities, as part of the University of New Haven’s masters degree.
“The University of New Haven’s online M.S. in Emergency Management has provided an exceptional learning platform allowing me to succeed in this expanding field. The individualized attention extended by the University’s staff has made the online experience more personable than I could have imagined. My professors have been outstanding and have provided my classmates and I the necessary tools, information and current practices emergency managers use today. Since enrolling in the program, I have incorporated many of the models and knowledge gained from my classes and applied them to my current job tasks at the fire department.”
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the field of emergency management is one of the fastest growing career fields. Emergency management directors/specialist occupations are projected to grow the fastest, with an expected 22% total increase from 2008-2018. The median annual earnings for Emergency Managers is $59,770 per year with the top 10% percent earning over $107,810.
Join our impressive group of alumni
The University of New Haven graduates are putting their knowledge into action for employers nationwide, including:
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Branford Fire Department
- Gaylord Hospital
- CT Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Sikorsky Aircraft
Request more information using the form on this page ->
“I am continually impressed by the University of New Haven staff and professors. As a veteran and out-of-state student I was unsure at the level of attention I would receive from any online masters program, but as I am nearing the end of my degree I know I made the right choice by attending UNH. The admissions staff for the Emergency Management Graduate Department, VA liaisons, financial aid personnel, and university bookstore have all gone above and beyond to respond quickly and address any concerns I have had. All of my professors have been readily available through email or phone to answer any questions, working with my schedule and the time difference. I would highly recommend this university to anyone looking for a flexible, challenging, and thorough online Emergency Management program!”
Want to learn more about our program? This short informational video may help.
Nationally Recognized Excellence