Take your next step, without even stepping outside
Our Emergency Management program was the second such program offered in New England and is designed to focus on disaster preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery. In addition, the program offers courses on the social effects of different disaster types, the role of the emergency manager in disasters, and disaster preparedness in the public and private sectors.
- Become a leader. Learn to manage disaster preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery with research-based principles.
- 100% online. Classes are completely on your schedule, and each takes just 6 to 7.5 weeks to complete.
- One course per term. Only one course is required per term for maximum work-life balance.
- UNH is a recognized leader in this field, and a master’s degree from UNH strengthens your resume. UNH’s program is also one of the few master’s degrees that fully aligns with FEMA guidelines.
- Design an Emergency Response Plan. You will create your own Emergency Response Plan, for organizations and government entities, as part of UNH’s masters degree.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the field of emergency management is one of the fastest growing career fields. Emergency management directors/specialist occupations are projected to grow the fastest, with an expected 22% total increase from 2008-2018. The median annual earnings for Emergency Managers is $59,770 per year with the top 10% percent earning over $107,810.
Join our impressive group of alumni
UNH graduates are putting their knowledge into action for employers nationwide, including:
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Branford Fire Department
- Gaylord Hospital
- CT Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Sikorsky Aircraft
Request more information using the form on this page ->
“The University of New Haven’s online M.S in Emergency Management is a great flexible program for working professionals that is taught by industry professionals who teaches us the importance of being ready and to expect the unexpected when it comes to emergencies. It focuses on being ready for it by planning before hand and using past emergencies to better prevent and facilitate future emergencies. The program also states the importance of working with all stake holders involved to work together to help control and put a quick end to the emergency at hand.”