Graduate Admissions for Online Programs
Prospective students must submit the following information to apply
- Completed online application form, accessed by clicking “Apply Now” above.
- Please request official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools you have attended. Electronic transcripts will be accepted directly from institutions that no longer mail transcripts. Final transcripts must indicate the degree earned. Please Note: Students currently enrolled in the undergraduate study who have not completed their bachelor’s degree can submit all transcripts to date for admissions consideration. If accepted, the applicant must provide a final, official transcript from the school issuing the degree. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution and sent to:
University of New Haven
Office of Graduate Admissions300 Boston Post Road
Echlin Hall 221
West Haven, CT 06516
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources. These sources should be able and willing to evaluate your academic qualifications and potential for success as a graduate student at the University of New Haven. You must provide contact information for both recommendation writers during the online application process and they will receive individual email requests with instructions for providing the recommendations.
You may also submit the items listed below to support your candidacy for the program. The Academic Admissions Committee will carefully review all submitted documents in the evaluation of your application. If your cumulative undergraduate GPA was below 3.0, we strongly encourage you to submit these optional materials.
- A resume or CV detailing your educational and professional accomplishments. Please upload your resume as part of your online application.
- The Graduate School strongly encourages you to provide a brief personal statement (no more than 500 words) describing your interest in the online Master of Science in Criminal Justice Program and why you would make a good candidate for admission to the University of New Haven. Please include any information highlighting individual characteristics, accomplishments, and/or career goals that you feel would be important for the admissions committee to consider when evaluating your application. Please upload your essay as part of your online application.
- If you have already taken the GRE or other graduate-level admissions exam, you may have the exam service forward your scores to the Graduate Admissions Office at the University of New Haven. We do not require that students take or submit scores from the GRE or other exams. The admissions committee will, however, consider such information in its decision if submitted.
All non-native English language speakers must demonstrate English language competency by providing one of the following:
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 OR
- A minimum TOEFL score of 80 on the internet-based test (IBT)
- The University of New Haven School Code for TOEFL is 3663.
Application Fee: The application fee for online applications is currently waived. If you wish to submit a paper application, or print and mail in your completed online application, you must pay a $75 application fee.